Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Power of Meditation

Meditation is not about putting your mind into a hypnotic or empty state. Meditation helps us create an obedient mind, which yields immense benefits, including an enhanced ability to concentrate. With practice, meditation enables you to truly use your mind at will, as opposed to letting your mind use you.

For more on this and other topics to help you take control of your mind and increase the overall quality of your life, take a look at my most recent book The Short Book on Happiness, available through my website http://www.davidcanebooks.com/

I also post a weekly affirmation and Bible passage on my site. Please visit when you can...my website is geared toward providing useful tools and practice exercises to promote spiritual growth and overall happiness.

My best to you, and thanks for visiting...David Cane

1 comment:

  1. I meditated on the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi while I was working out on an eliptical and ended up running an extra 1 mile and lowering heart rate, and understanding its message for the very 1st time. It was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete